Designed And Created For Boomers By A Team Of Senior
Strong Over 50 Program
Strong Over 50 is a program designed to help your body build and maintain the 3 main things you lose as you age: Strength, Flexibility and Balance.
The Strong Over 50 program utilizes the Body Weight Bar suspension fitness training system to deliver a safe and effective workout for the Boomer/Senior population.
The Strong Over 50 Body Weight Bar and training program were conceived and developed by John Stuef, a long-time fitness professional. John saw a need for a safer, more effective way for his older clients to use their own body weight to help them combat the loss of strength, flexibility and balance as they age.
Are you strong? Why should you be strong? Here are some facts:
- The 6th leading cause of death after age 60 is from injuries due to falls.
- Proper strength training improves balance.
- After age 40 your body starts losing 2 to 3 percent of its muscle a year.
- Less muscle also means a weaker internal system including your heart, lungs and liver.
- Less muscle = lower metabolism, which leads to weight gain.
- Adults 45 and over who sit more than 11 hours have a significant increase in risk for early mortality and other key health issues.
There’s hope and help. It’s the program called Strong Over 50.
Our certified Strong Over 50 trainers are here to help you remain strong and independent and keep a high quality of life. Here’s what you can expect:
- Workout with a Strong Over 50 Certified trainer who understands the aging body.
- Workout in a non-intimidating facility that wants and respects the over 50 client.
- See people working out that look like you.
- A workout that addresses what aging puts at risk: Balance, Flexibility and Strength.
- A sense of control over your body.
- A sense of accomplishment
- Positive reinforcement.
- Peace of mind that you are doing what it takes to maintain a high quality of life as you age.